Search This Blog

Sunday 18 May 2014

Applique Sunday

My hook has been very busy today, generally messing around trying to come up with some little applique designs for the baby bunting. So far I have made a hedgehog and a fish, at least I think it is a fish, sometimes it looks more like a three legged octopus! I have cut out some felt to bondaweb on to the bunting as background but I'm still not sure about this fish.


The hedgehog is equally as dubious, it is definitely a hedgehog but I can't decide if he looks right.

I've made him some grass to try and animate him a bit more but I'm still not sure.


So I am now thinking of other fish I could make and maybe a whale or a bird instead of the hedgehog. It is such fun messing around like this with no goal other than to make something, anything!

I have also been busy hooking up some dinky hearts for a bit of wedding yarn-bombing for a friend. The colours are to go with their scheme and not my usual exuberant mix but I think they look good together. 

I usually hate crocheting with black yarn, my eyes really don't cope with it too well and it is a bit boring but I am surprised by how effective these little hearts are in black. They might get a bit of button treatment too, I haven't decided yet.

So appliques all round today, little bits of this-and-that to add finishing touches to other bits of this-and-that, before I get my hook into something a bit more substantial and time consuming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment