Search This Blog

Friday 21 March 2014

Wall Clock

Having a great Friday, the weather has been hit and miss all morning, bright sunshine then a few showers then sunshine again. I've been pottering in and out of the house all day and it really does feel like spring is in the air.

I have been visited three times by a huge great bumblebee - I have no idea how it is getting in, it suddenly appears in the kitchen where all the windows and doors are shut. I do like bumblebees and I'm not scared of bugs in general but in an enclosed space, trying to shoo it out, it seems massive and wants to fly straight at my face!

Anyway, back to the point of my post... I have put the finishing touches to my wall clock! It took some doing, sewing it onto the cardboard that I've used to back it with and then working out how the clock mechanism went together as sadly the instructions were in Korean. I'm still not sure it is finished, I may add more to it and I might buy some larger wooden numbers as I think in 3D they would show up much better, but all in all I am very pleased with it.


Sometimes when you make something you can't help but grin at how damn cute it is, this butterfly and little daisy chain just sort of happened but I love it.


The two-tone flower also works really well:


I wish I had thought of doing that before for the other flowers, still they look good too. 

not sure what to do with what's left of the afternoon, I might drag myself away from the crocheting and do something thrilling, like the ironing! Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment