Search This Blog

Thursday 23 October 2014

Mild Christmas panic!

I know it's not November yet and some may think it is too early to start thinking about Christmas but when you do crafty things you really need to start early. I did start making a few bits and pieces a couple of months ago, giving myself plenty of time to get things done but as usual time has run away with me and I am starting to get a bit worried.

(The easy-peasy pattern for these is here!)

There are things that I would like to make for Christmas, (decorations and stuff) and things that I want to make as gifts for people as little extras. Then there are the presents I have to make as they are sort of already promised and then there are the two extra items which (contrary to what I said last year about definitely, positively NOT making items for sale before Christmas) I have agreed to make as commissions. I really don't mind making those at all and would love nothing better than to make lots of things for people to buy but I am now having a mild panic over how on earth I am going to find the time to do it all!


I grabbed my box of home made Christmas bits to have a look through and see if there was enough and did I really need to make anything else for this year.?

This box gets added to each Chrimbo and this year I was supposed to be making a very sweet nativity. I thought it would be a good idea to make one figure a month but I have only got one shepherd and half of Joseph made so far, the best laid plans! 

It would probably help if I wasn't so easily sidetracked. The lacy/doily bag I am making for example, should I really be spending time on something so frivolous when there are other things I should be hooking?
It's coming on! Confession time; this was going to be one of those 'sort of already promised presents' that I mentioned, but the more time I spend on it the more I want to keep it for myself. Can I squeeze another one in with all the rest of it I wonder or should I give it away as i don't exactly need another bag. I guess it depends on how it turns out. As I am kind of making it up as I go it might turn out a bit messy and I won't want to give anything sub-standard away - look now I am just making excuses to keep it!

Happy hooking :-)
XXXX




No comments:

Post a Comment