Search This Blog

Sunday 19 October 2014

Lovely quiet weekend

This last week has been so hectic the weekend couldn't come soon enough. I don't feel like I have had a moment at home to just take a breath and get myself together. So I have spent much of the last two days pottering around the house, doing a bit of housework and tidying up bits and pieces. I didn't really have a chance last weekend after we got back from Cornwall to do anything so it has been great to get our home back to how it should be and enjoy spending some peaceful time. 

The Giraffe has found himself a temporary home (and it keeps the cat off my chair!)
And I have finally wrapped up my last baby blanket and got it all ready to send off.
I have chosen something new to make too. I was in desperate need of a crochet plan rather than just picking anything up and making do. I had a look through some pictures and found one for a vintagey bag. So I am improvising it a bit as I don't have a pattern. It is a bit of a departure for me as I am making it in this cone of white cotton that my friend Alison gave me. 
I am going to brighten it up a bit with a nice colourful lining but I am really enjoying making something frilly and lacy! I would normally opt for bright, bold colours but this is what I had to hand and I am very pleased with how it is coming along. 
I'm not sure on the weight of this cotton, I think it is probably 4ply. I am using a 3mm hook due to my tight tension but I expect I should strictly speaking be using a 2mm. As it seems to be working so far I am not too worried.

It is also mine and Mr M's 5th wedding anniversary today! I'm not sure where the last five years have gone! We thought about doing something special to mark the occasion but to be honest, all I want to do today is sit and crochet - not very romantic I know but the best gift he could give me. :)


XXXXXX

2 comments:

  1. Abi, that lacy white crochet looks fab. I knew you would make far better use of it than I ever could. I look forward to the finished item!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for giving it to me Alison, It's not something I would ever have bought myself but I am so pleased with how the bag is coming on! hope to get lots more of it made over the weekend so i can crack on with some other bits xxx

      Delete