Search This Blog

Sunday 6 July 2014

Hearts and flowers cushion Ta-dah!

It has been a long day of sewing up, again! But I have just sewn-in the last tail end of the hundreds on my new cushion and couldn't wait to share it with you!

So here you go, Ta-dah!


I have started writing up the pattern all ready and I hope to finish it soon if you fancy having a go at making your own Hearts and flowers.
It was a long slog getting the front of the cushion finished, mainly because for the first half of it I was still working out the finer points of the pattern. I got there in the end and had it finished yesterday. That just left the small matter of hooking up something for the back and sewing it all together.

I decided on a simple stripe for the back:

This was partly for speed and partly because after all the intricate dc-ing involved in the front, my yarn hand was aching and I needed to give it a bit of a rest. I like it like this, I think the front is busy enough and it really doesn't need anymore detail on the back.
I am so pleased with it, and despite all the sewing and mistakes as I went along (yes, there were more than a couple!) I couldn't be happier with the end result.

I do have to confess to getting a bit bored of using stylecraft special dk now, I really need to save up and buy something else. Still, it is cheap and cheerful and very pretty.

Oh I do love the giddy feeling of finishing something that I am so happy with, an Abi original too!
XXX

Edit: The pattern is now available here!


2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous design. I really love how you use colour. C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it and I'm not sure if the pictures really do it justice, I was in such a hurry to share it I couldn't wait for better light! I'm going to work up a small section in some aran I've found xxx

      Delete