Search This Blog

Saturday 19 September 2015

A head start on Christmas

Ooh I am so pleased with what I have been making today! Just to get one thing clear before I tell you about it, this is an idea I've copied from Lucy at Attic24, who last year (I think) made her own Christmas cards. If my memory is right, she made a picture and had some cards printed with the picture on it. I haven't done this, I have bought my own glossy greetings card blanks and I'm printing my own, so I can tweak it and maybe do lots of different ones.

There are so many things I could put on a Christmas card but I wanted to use my favourite bright cotton, Rico Creative Aran, which is quite bulky and makes nice simple shapes. So it had to be a simple design without too much detail.
I made these bits with a basic idea in mind and added little bits here and there as the idea developed.

Some blocking with the iron and some careful arranging on a canvas:
A few buttons and beads, and look!
Now to wind up my ancient printer and see what would happen.
My printer isn't that great and I will be replacing it soon, before I do a final print of my Christmas cards but I am so happy with how it turned out!!!
I have 50 cards and envelopes which should be plenty to keep me going. :)

XXX



No comments:

Post a Comment