Such fun to make these little squares, such a pain to sew up!
I knew it was going to be a bit of a long slog to get the ends on each square sewn in tidily and then sew them all together too. Which is one of the reasons that I opted for one big stripy square on the back.
Actually it didn't take too long to tidy up the squares and I spent far too long happily arranging them and rearranging them into order.
My Sunday was then spent with the sewing. I decided to sew them through back loops only which worked out nicely.
I'm sure it took me much longer than necessary to assemble the squares (I can be the queen of procrastination sometimes!) but I got there in the end. It then didn't take long at all to attach the front of the cushion to the back with one neat row of DCs.
I left one side open and made 3 little loops of chains for button holes and picked out some colourful buttons.
It's not a very big cushion but I do like it VERY much!
It didn't take up much yarn to make either so I have lots left to play with. I'm also not exactly sure where to put it, for now it can stay on my granny chair with some other cushions looking all pretty and cheerful. :)